1. Does the writer have any formal education or credentials on the topic?
2. Is the work clearly rooted in an Indigenous research paradigm?
3. Do they take the time to define Indigenous knowledge?
4. Are they talking about their own Indigenous knowledge?
5. Does the author locate themselves in their writing?
6. Do they pay homage to the pioneers?
7. Do they acknowledge and respect their teachers?
8. What is the duration of the research and is it reasonable?
9. Is the resource more than just a literature review?
10. If it is based on a literature review, are the research parameters clearly stated such as search terms, data bases, and time period of review?
11. Are their sources reputable knowers, journals, and books?
12. Is the theoretical framework and/or methodology explicitly stated?
13. Is the work peer-reviewed?
14. Does the work rely on an acceptable and current formatting style that is completed in a professional and consistent way?
15. Is the resource published through a known venue?
Please like and share this blog. You can also subscribe here - make sure you verify your subscription (Look in your spam folder.)